James Morse, Class of 2001
Achievements at Elderslie High School
• Completed School Certificate and Higher School Certificate.
• Received awards at Presentation Evening for placing first in English, Economics and Music.
• Recipient of two Bronze medallions, one Silver medallion, one Gold medallion, and a Senior School Plaque.
• Winner of Lions Club Youth of the Year Competition
• Represented Elderslie High School across various sports and extra-curricular activities; cricket, basketball, lawn bowls, swimming, cross-country, athletics, public speaking and debating
• Member of the SRC and various musical groups, such as Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble and Stage Band.
Achievements post Elderslie High School
• Graduated University of Western Sydney with Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (With Distinction).
• Admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
• Employed as a Senior Associate at DLA Piper, a leading global law firm.
• Recognised as an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation (only around 100 or so solicitors in NSW hold this recognition).
• Published several articles in numerous industry publications, such as the Australian and New Zealand Property Journal, Law Society Journal, Australian Property Law Bulletin, etc. I have also worked with eminent industry members, such as The Honourable Michael Kirby AC CMG, to produce various speeches and articles that have been published in both Australian and UK journals.
• Happily married, with a child.