Madeleine Newcombe, Class of 2014
Achievements at Elderslie High School
HSC results: 7x Band 5 or E3 (Advanced English, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Ancient History, Biology, Dance and Drama). First in class for Dance.
- Year 11 Prefect 2013
- Member of the EHS Dance Ensemble and Dance Company from Year 7 to 12
- Member of the Debating Team from Year 8 to 12
- Performed at Schools Spectacular from Year 9 to Year 11
- Performed at the SWS Drama Festival in Year 10 and Year 11, as well as the Fast and Fresh Drama competition in Year 12
- Recipient of the Commitment to Dance Award in Year 12
- Received Early Entry to UOW
- Received a teachNSW scholarship to study Maths teaching
- Received a teachNSW GTIL Cadestship to work in a school part-time while studying Maths teaching
Achievements post Elderslie High School
- Attended UOW to complete a Bachelor of Mathematics Education
- Joined Campbelltown Theatre Group and performed in various musicals over the years, including The Producers (2015), Spamalot (2015), Legally Blonde (2016), Rock of Ages (2018), Shrek the Musical (2018) and Mamma Mia! (2020). Also performed in Strathfield Musical Society’s production of The Producers (2017)
- Worked at ShowOz Studios in Camden as Musicals Manager from (2016-2018), teaching all styles of dance, musical theatre and drama. Directed and choreographed four productions including High School Musical JR, Peter Pan JR, Alice in Wonderland JR and Camp Rock: The Musical.
- Choreographed the first youth production at Campbelltown Theatre Group in over 10 years, Beauty and the Beast JR (this broke records by being a complete sell out, and made nearly $20000 for the group).
- Worked at Elizabeth Macarthur High School as a cadet, helping in Maths classrooms and learning the administrative side of teaching. Worked as a casual teacher for 2019, while I finished my degree.
- Nominated for an Outstanding Pre-Service Teacher award in 2018
- Graduated from UOW with a Bachelor of Mathematics Education in 2019.
- Currently in my first year of teaching at Lurnea High School.
- Involved in the school’s musical production of Aladdin JR and helping out with CAPA (which I was always destined to do)