Our Careers Adviser, Ms Whitfield, co-ordinates a program of Career Education from Years 7 to 12. She provides academic counselling for students and parents.
Appointments can be made to see Ms Whitfield through our Front Office.
Careers education is a high priority at our school. We aim to give students access to a variety of information and opportunities which will prepare them for their future.
The following Careers activities are offered:
- attending Careers Markets
- interviews with students and parents
- careers lessons
- excursions to universities and other facilities
- information evenings
- work experience
- subject selection sessions
- tertiary Information sessions
- senior students are offered sessions on various topics related to tertiary study, work and future options
- Aboriginal Careers Market
- You can view the Job Starter site here - courses.com.au/job-starter (This website aggregates information from all of the funding schemes throughout Australia. Users are able to easily find a funded course in their area with a study mode suitable to their needs. This is a valuable resource for people looking to join the workforce, change careers or skill up to progress their career but can not afford to pay full fees.)
Work experience is offered to Year 10, 11 and 12 students.
For more information refer to the careers website eldersliehighcareers.com